Many little girls dreams of becoming a princess one day. They all get dressed up in flowing beautiful gowns and tiara and thinks herself to be a princess of some fairy land.
However, becoming a real princess in not only about looking pretty, although that is one of the most essential parts, but it has got many folds to it.
Being a princess is a full-time job with many hard and fast rules behind it. And it’s not a nine-to-five job, it’s like an all-consuming job, where being a princess effects every inch of one’s life, it’s like representing a whole nation.
Kate Middleton’s life changed entirely when she started dating the Prince, and she owned a completely different life when she officially joined the Royal Family of England.
Becoming a princess of England or most any other country isn’t easy. Not only do you have to have the right connections, but you’ve got to work very hard to get to the right place at the right time.
These are the ten requirements that needs to be met. They are surprising, but you will respect the princess a lot more after you get to know about them.
- Learn as many languages as possible: A modern day Princess needs to know as many languages as possible so that when foreign diplomats visit or the Princess visits a foreign country, she needs to converse with the representatives mostly in native language.
- Give up your voting rights once and for all: At least in England there is no official law but to the people of England it is unconstitutional for the Royal Family to vote in the elections, as they are supposed to represent the whole nation, so they can’t be biased about one party. So,once you become the Princess of the country you can’t vote if you want remain in the country’s good graces.
- No more being wild: A Princess is supposed remain in her best behavious all the time without creating any trouble. So, even if she had any wild side before being included into the Royal Family she has to kiss it good-bye permanently once she marries the Prince. There can never be any scandal.
- Prepare for a lifetime of formalities: Nickname? No way. And you better get used to with “Her Royal Highness the Princess ____ of ____.”
5. Stay impeccably groomed and perfect all the time: There is no way you can afford to be in your pajamas on a lazy day. You just have to be in a tip-top condition all the time. A princess can’t afford to look bad. Princess Kate, or, rather, Catherine, goes to the salon at least three times a week for a blowout on top of haircuts and styling. They are caught in a bad moment and they have to be perfectly primped always.
6.Live by the household rules of the Queen: The Queen dictates a lot of things that take place on a daily basis in the Royal Family. One for example is that you can’t touch your food once the Queen has completed dining, no matter if you have hardly touched your platter you have to stop immediately as soon as ‘she’ stops. So if you want to be a Princess, you better eat fast.
7. Go to the best schools and events: If you want to be a Princess you have to attend the best of the richest schools of the country, because, that is where you can meet the Prince. The likeliest place to do are at the most prestigious institutions of higher education or at very high-end balls, galas, or charity events. It also looks much better, and it is better, for a princess to be well-educated, as she holds such a place of high importance in society.
8.Give up any other career choice: Being a Princess is a full-time all consuming job. So, if you are a princess you can’t be anything else. Princess Kate has a degree in art history, but she’s a full-time princess now.
9. Skip running for office: A Princess should never run for political office for similar reasons as why she can’t vote. A Princess represents the whole nation and running for a political office with a certain party would create a divide.
10. Find causes you care about: A major part of being a princess is doing a lot of charity work, and being a caring figure for the country. Most princesses find one or two causes that they truly care about and work toward making improvements in those areas.
Featured image courtesy: express.co.uk